I‘m relocating and need to sell my Fort Worth house.
Relocation is a difficult coordination exercise. Every week, local Fort Worth home sellers contact us or post their property information on our website, stating, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Fort Worth.” The fantastic news is that we can assist a large number of those sellers in selling their homes quickly (since we’re actively purchasing properties in Fort Worth Texas right now!
There are an unbelievable amount of things to keep track of, not to mention the stress of whatever is causing you to move in the first place — typically a new job or a sick relative, but the actual need to relocate always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a position where you have to pay to own and maintain a vacant house for two years. That adds up quickly, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market in Fort Worth is pretty stable right now, things may change in the blink of an eye. Over the last few decades, we’ve heard some truly terrifying tales. You probably can’t afford to wait it out unless you’re extremely rich.
So, how can you make the best decisions when you’re transferring and need to sell your Fort Worth Texas property quickly?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Fort Worth… Your Options And Steps
1. Assess the value of your home: To do so, contact a respected real estate agent or connect with us and we will provide you with a free, no-obligation appraisal of your property. Once you know what the property may be able to sell for in the present market, you may determine how long you will be able or willing to sell the house.
2. Determine how quickly you need to sell your home once you relocate: This is a major deal. I’ve seen professionals who relocated out of state for a career have their home on the market for over a year before selling it for a considerably lesser price than they had intended. Determine how quickly you need to sell your home… and how long you’re willing to continue making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, and so on.
3. Find a reputable real estate agent BEFORE you begin packing boxes: Get started as soon as possible to avoid wasting time. Every month you wait, or every month it takes to sell the house… costs you money. If you don’t want to sell through a real estate agent, we are a reputable local house buyer and would be delighted to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer.
4. Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We’re all looking to get the best price on our homes. But one factor that many people overlook is calculating the monetary value of how much it costs to keep this residence. The costs involved include the mortgage (which, if you’re still inside the first ten years of the mortgage, will account for the majority of your payments, with very little going to principal), insurance, taxes, upkeep, and so on. Assume you wish to sell your home for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200 per month, taxes are $200 per month, insurance is $100 per month, and maintenance (lawn care, repairs while you’re away, etc.) is $100 per month. These “non-equity buildings” cost a total of $1,600 each month. If it takes you 7 months to sell your $200,000 property through a real estate agent, it will cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding expenses” plus $12,000 in real estate agency fees (assuming 3 percent for the buyer’s agent and 3 percent for the seller’s agent). LOST money totaling $23,200. That doesn’t even take into account the value of your time, your stress from worrying about that home being on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have done with that extra money over those 7 months, and so on. As a result, the true cost to you was most likely closer to $30,000. But what if you sold your property next week and avoided all of that? Even if you sold for less than the retail price (say, $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house now at a discount to a home buyer like our firm rather than 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Does that make sense?
5. Take action!: Whatever you chose… decide and act. If you want to be a real estate agent, that’s fantastic! Find a reliable Fort Worth Texas real estate agent. If you’d rather not wait and avoid paying real estate agent commissions… selling your property to us may be a reasonable choice.
If you have a lot of time on your hands and a great property, you might want to test the market by selling it for a high price. There’s a small chance that someone may fall in love and be prepared to overpay — people would do anything for love.
In reality, most properties are rather average. They tend to be like the other houses around them, just as people who live close together seem to have a lot in common. So, unless your home is extraordinary, as in magazine-quality extra-special, pricing at the highest point will not net you the most money in the market.
You may also win by simultaneously offering your home for rent and sale. You must keep control of the process, which can be perplexing even to experience real estate brokers.
In some cases, we may work with property owners to assist negotiate lease option agreements, in which highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed-upon period before purchasing.
In other circumstances, we may assist you in renegotiating a loan, making monthly payments, or completing a short sale with a bank.
We like assisting individuals in resolving difficult challenges.
Creative solutions can help you bridge the gap and get to where you need to be.
Who Are JZ Home Buyers, and How Can We Assist You If You’re Relocating To Fort Worth And Need To Sell?
We are investors. We help our families and beautify communities by purchasing homes from Fort Worth residents who need to sell quickly for a variety of reasons.
People who… are among the sellers who often cooperate with us.
Need to sell quickly (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
You don’t want to deal with the headache of listing a property with an agent.
Don’t want to pay real estate commissions
Can’t sell their home for one reason or another (we buy properties as-is)… or any of a number additional causes
But we’re a dedicated group of folks that believe in the Fort Worth community.
We’re straightforward and honest.
We’ll give you a fair price and can close quickly with cash.
We’d be happy to help you find answers to your toughest Fort Worth real estate questions, so please contact us at (817) 382-3579 or visit www.jzhomebuyers.com
You may handle the sale of your property from a distance if you’re willing to wait and can pay specialists to assist you. In certain cases, taking a risk might pay dividends.